Friday, April 1, 2011

progress

Well, it seems as though things are progressing. I have been having cramps since last Thursday and the nurse just said to drink more water and rest. I woke up Monday and they were worse. My regular appointment was scheduled for Tuesday and my doctor was out of town so I met with another doctor. He said the cramps would stop in about 6 weeks when I have the baby. Nice.

But then I woke up at 2am yesterday, feeling what I could only imagine to be contractions. I went in to my doctor and he said they were, indeed, contractions (which was a relief because I would have been embarrassed if he said it was nothing!) and that I’m dilated to 1cm and 70% effaced. He said before I panic, it doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll go into hard labor any time soon, but that I’m progressing. He didn’t give me any medicine to stop the contractions and said Liam would be fine even if he came this early (he’s measuring 5 pounds, 12 ounces- about 1 pound bigger than “average.”).

I was trying to run errands today, still trying to figure out what it means to “rest”. I was at Ulta because my coupon expires today and started getting cold sweats and ringing in my ears. I got tunnel vision and an employee came up at just the right time to catch me as I was going down. She walked me to a chair and I started throwing up (she got me a trashcan just in time!). It was hard not to freak out but I called Kyle to come get me and called the doctor’s office. The nurse called back and told me just to go home and rest, drink water, and eat protein.

So, that’s what I’m doing. Resting. Drinking water. Mom’s bringing over lunch. I can’t wait to meet Liam and part of me wants him to come early. But we have SO MUCH to do before he comes! Kyle is trying to finish the bathroom remodel and I have 3 big assignments left for my online class that I’m trying to get done before he comes. The last one is due May 20, which is why I’m trying to get this all done now!

Its so funny how I’m seeing how hard it is to relax and rest. I’m learning a lot about myself and how controlling I am!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Thanks for blogging again! I like hearing whats going on with you. You are so adorable pregnant. I hope you are able to get some rest and relaxation to keep baby Liam in you for a little longer :)