Wednesday, March 25, 2009

last day

Today is my last day of work. Here is how it’s gone so far:

My ride was supposed to pick me up at 7:25. It is pouring rain. I go out to the curb at 7:25 (b/c I can't see the parking lot from our apartment). I wait in the pouring, blowing rain until 7:35 and call him 3 times. He does not pick up. It wouldn’t usually matter except we only have one car this week and Kyle was supposed to take it to work. So I go back in the house; wake up Kyle and tell him that my ride has forgotten me. He gets ready really fast and I drive him to work (since we just have one car), getting him there at 8:20 (40 minutes early for him). I then drove to work and got here at 9:15... an hour and 15 minutes late for my last day. What are they going to do, fire me?

There’s a little more to add to the story but I’m afraid it’s not appropriate to post in a blog that anyone/everyone can read…

No comments: