Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bubble Bath

I was going to write the obligatory post election blog but I don’t have it in me. I don’t think I have anything worth adding. It has been disappointing to see people acting hateful and I pray that God will show us grace, despite the lack of grace that we extend to others.

I have been feeling worse the last few days than I have in my life, which is saying a lot. One of these days it will be better but the meantime has been a rough road... I took a bubble bath worthy of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman after work today. Sir Barton (The Cat) is fascinated with bubble baths so he keeps me company, perched on the side of the tub. He learned two weeks ago that he cannot walk on the bubbles, so he is content to sit and paw at the bubbles and ponder the meaning of life.

We have an event in Tulsa on Tuesday that I am covering for work, and I’m flying out on Saturday to spend a few extra days. My mom is meeting me out there, so it’s going to be fabulous! I love that woman and haven’t seen her since The Wedding so I’m really looking forward to some QT. It will be my first time away from Kyle since we got married so I wonder how it will go. Neither of us are very clingy and I think it will be fine but I wish he could come with me.

1 comment:

Erica said...

oh courtney, i will be praying for you healthy days. I remember the first time Justin and I were apart from each other. It was so sad and I missed him so much. You may have a little trouble sleeping but keep in mind it will not be long before you see him. love you much girlie!!!