Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sugar Detox Day 6

Welp. I just wrote a long update and my computer shut down so... Here's the Clifsnotes version:

I'm doing ok. No out of control cravings but I miss cheesy carbs! The three day sugar detox was meant to help create a clean slate and give me a jumping off point, so here's what I plan to eat now:

all vegetables
fruit in moderation
"clean" meat and fish (trying to do organic but not always possible)
whole grains in moderation
beans

Splurge foods:
refined sugar
honey, agave, pure maple syrup
refine grains

I can't say I feel a significant improvement in my pain level or brain fog, but I do feel a little more alert. I still wake up with my muscles aching/burning, so we'll see what to try next :)

I've lost 6 pounds since I started reducing sugar 10 days ago, which feels great. I now weigh what I did when I got my drivers license and am 30 pounds less than my heaviest weight.

No comments: